Frequently Asked Questions1. General
- Who is SBC Edelmetalle?
- Who is behind SBC Edelmetalle?
- Who can I talk to if I have questions or need more information?
- Where do our products come from and who are the manufacturers?
- Who guarantees the authenticity of the goods?
- Are the products certified?
- How are the coins and bars protected against external influences?
- How does the basket system work?
- When does my order become binding?
- Will I receive an order confirmation and payment confirmation?
- Is the purchase/sale of precious metals subject to VAT?
- What are SBC Edelmetalle’s trading times?
- Is trading with SBC Edelmetalle safe?
After we have registered the receipt of your payment, you will receive a further confirmation by email or fax with a payment confirmation and exact delivery data. You will receive an official invoice together with the delivery of your precious metals.
- Are over the counter transactions possible?
- Where can I buy gold in cash?
- What is the order process for cash on collection?
- How much are the fees for cash payment?
We would ask you to make sure to bring the exact invoice amount with you. No cash is kept on location. For orders over EUR 15,000 please bring valid photo ID.
- Is cash on delivery possible?
- How does advance payment work?
- What is instant bank transfer?
- automatic debit from your online bank account
- rapid delivery of your order
- no additional registration
- highest security standards
Our bank details are as follows:
Account holder: SBC Edelmetalle GmbH
IBAN: DE46 5004 0000 0593 2132 00
Bank: Commerzbank Frankfurt
You can also pay into this account by making a cash payment. In that case, please go to the bank branch of your choice. Please note that the bank may charge an additional fee for cash payment.
The benefits of this payment type are available free of charge to SBC Edelmetalle customers up to a product value of EUR 10,000.00:
Sofortüberweisung.de transfers an automated, real time transfer from your online bank account via Payment Network AG’s secure payment form which is non-accessible for traders. The purchase amount will be immediately and directly transferred to the trader’s bank account.
You can find out more about instant transfers here.
- How much are delivery costs?
- When will I receive my order?
- How safe is delivery?
- What happens if I am not at the delivery address when the delivery arrives?
- Delivery to company address?
Orders with a value over EUR 15,000.00 are sent via our CiT logistics partner. If you are not home when this delivery arrives, your package will be returned to our high security warehouse. Please note that you will have to pay additional costs for the return and re-delivery in this case.
- How does storage work?
- Where will my precious metals be stored?
- Is there a limit to the product value I can store?
- Are my precious metals insured?
- Why do I have to provide my account details when I sell my inventory?
- How much does storage cost?
- How can I liquidate my storage?
- Can I see my precious metals at any time?
- Does the customer have complete ownership over the product?
You can easily calculate the current fees with the fee calculator.
You can use the fee calculator here (You must be signed in to use the calculator).
You have the choice – you can administer your precious metal depot at any time by adding more. You can reduce your inventory at any time or have it sent from the warehouse to an address of your choice. You have access to your online account 365 days a year around the clock – 24 hours a day.
- What is vaulted gold?
- Are the purchased goods physically there?
- How safe is my property?
- How do I pay in to the savings plan?
- How much does it cost?
Would you like to save flexibly, with individual lump sums? This is not a problem – you can top up your savings plan account with any sum you like – from EUR 1 - save as much as you want, whenever you want. Simply buy vaulted gold via “myGoldDepot” whenever and however much you want. You have complete control and total flexibility.
- Which data is saved?
- How secure is my data?
- 3. What kind of encoding does SBC Edelmetalle use when communicating over the Internet?
- Verification of applicant’s identity and business address
- Verification if the applicant has unlimited ownership over the domain or holds exclusive user rights
- Verification whether the applicant is authorised and that the legally-binding documents are signed by authorised signatories